About the SSCNC
The Standard Schnauzer Club of Northern California, the Nation's
oldest regional club dedicated to the Standard Schnauzer, has for
66 years sought to protect and advance the interest of the
breed by encouraging sportsmanship among the owners, breeders and
fanciers of the Standard Schnauzer.
Through its Rescue Network and events such as the AKC CGC Program, Regional "Specialty", and the Annual Christmas Party, the SSCNC seeks to strengthen the breed by helping build a community of these wonderful dogs and their human caregivers.
If there is specific information you are looking for and are unable to find it in these pages, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view The Constitution of the SSCNC.
Click here to view the SSCNC Standing Rules.
What We Have To Offer
- To define the standard of the Standard Schnauzer and to urge members and breeders to accept the standard as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Standard Schnauzers shall be judged;
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of the purebred Standard Schnauzers and to do all things possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection;
- To promote the Standard Schnauzer's natural abilities as a show dog, obedience dog, family dog and guard dog, by sponsoring and supporting dog shows, obedience trials, and performance events such as tracking tests, agility and herding trials;
- To serve as a clearing house to provide information for the general public about the Standard Schnauzer, its breeding, care, and training;
- To protect and advance the interest of the breed by encouraging sportsmanship among the owners, breeders and fanciers of the Standard Schnauzer;
- To conduct licensed specialty Companion and Performance trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club,
- To serve as regional coordinator for Rescue efforts for all Standard Schnauzers;
- To Provide current referral information about Breeders, Rescue, and the Breed without bias or omission.